Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Calling a WebMethod from JavaScript (In another directory) doesnt work

Hello everybody,

I have a Web Part and in that web part (ascx) and in a seperate directory (Javascript/Authentication/login.js) I have a javascript.

I have a web method from the other side that check and see if a user is available or not. I know 100% my webmethod is working because when I run it I can test the webmethod in browser from Visual Studio.

The problem is that when even I try to access that webmethod (webservice) the error : WebService is not defined pops up.

I want to know why this is happening ? Is it because I have my javascript in a seperate file other than my web service file (asmx) ?


I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Please totally forgive me, I had a syntax error, I fixed it now, working fine.

I typed the name of my web service wrong.

Sorry Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment