Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Calling javascript when a page has refreshed

I have an AJAX app that needs to call a javascript function when the page changes its state (for example some panels are hidden/displayed).

Due to the nature of AJAX, I can't use window.onload since no load event occurs.

What can I use to call my javascript functions when the page content changes?

If you are using UpdatePanels you can handle the PageRequestManager events:

http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ClientReference/Sys.WebForms/PageRequestManagerClass/default.aspx


It worked!

I had a javascript function called adjustHeight.


I added

<head>... <script type="text/javascript"> function adjustHeight() { . . . } window.onLoad = function() { Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_pageLoaded(adjustHeight); } </script>

No comments:

Post a Comment