Monday, March 26, 2012

Call webmethod in page possible

I thought it was possible to call a public method with the attribute [WebMethod()] above it. But when I try out the sample of the AutoCompleteExtender it works perfectly when I put the code in a webservice (.asmx). Unfortunately when I put the same code in my default.aspx page it doesn't work.

I changed the ServicePath to ="Default.aspx" but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

So does anyone have a clue here what I'm doing wrong?Hi,

at the moment the auto complete stuff works only with a web service. Page methods are not supported.
However, do a search in this forum since a user (I can't remember the name, sorry) has coded a custom version that supports page methods.

Jay Kimble is your man.

http://david.codebetter.com/blogs/jay.kimble/archive/2006/07/17/147436.aspx


The auto complete extender in my library also supports this.

No comments:

Post a Comment