Monday, March 26, 2012

Callback (ICallbackEventHandler) and Atlas. Can they work together ?

I am new in Atlas. It seems very simple to use (Update Panel). However, I have several composite controls that use theICallbackEventHandler. When I mix them with Atlas UpdatePanel they do not work.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

We are currently investigating such issues. Thanks for the report.


Are there any news conerning this issue?

I have a custom (image map like) control which reacts to clicks by a javascript. the javascript part sets postback values like x, y, and raises a postback by form.submit().

Now when I place this control on an UpdatePanel, the javascript:form.submit() raises a postback, but not a partial postback... Do I have to register the javascript somewhere else (expect RegisterClientScript or so)? Or is there a way to make a postback in order that the server updates the UpdatePanel with a new image? I tried the Callback (standard provided by ASP.NET 2.0), but this seems only to be for delivering a string value from server to client (at least I couldnt kick off any partial update of the page..)

Regards,

Ray

Hi,

Can you say if controls using IcallbackEventHandler will be supported when used in Atlas UpdatePanels?

thx


As far as I can see, I don't think this is possible at all, since the two postbacks are happening in two different contexts. It would probably require a change to the whole javascript callback library included in ASP.NET 2.0. What we need here is the ability to send two events back to the client, and returning them all in one context.

Having said that, I really really wish this was possible. Although the ASP.NET AJAX library has some really cool controls, there will always be cases where you would need to supplement with your own AJAX-style controls, and the events on these controls should trigger fx. the UpdatePanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment