Monday, March 26, 2012

Call remotely hosted web service from client-side?

All of the examples I have seen call the *.asmx file using a relative path but I need to reference a URL such ashttp://www.domain.com/webservice.asmx to call a remote web service. In the Atlas days I believe this was done using a bridge (*.asbx) but I can't seem to find any recent information regarding this method. Does it still exist?

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Janea

Hi,

my buddy Garbin (Allesandro Gallo) wrote an interesting article about this recently:Mash-it Up with ASP.NET AJAX: Using a proxy to access remote APIs.

Grz, Kris.


Wow!Yes What an excellent article!! I actually ran across it when I was initially searching for an answer but I thought there might be an easier way, however it makes a lot of sense why it is done the way he describes it. So, I'm going to try it out... create a local web service to be used as a proxy to connect to the URL containing the web service and call the remote procedures from there. Seems like a simple concept... I feel like I should've figured it out on my own. Well we'll see how it goes... Thanks a ton Kris!

No comments:

Post a Comment